You also need to consider the financial aspects of owning a pet. In addition to the initial purchase price, you will incur veterinary expenses for shots/vaccines, de-worming, spaying/neutering, flea and tick preventatives, and general exams; boarding fees if you need to go on a trip; licensure and identification processing; supplies such as toys, collars, and leashes; food; grooming supplies; and obedience training if you so choose.
Please consider some of the following questions as you make your decision:
- Is the purchase of the puppy a mutual family decision? Are all members in agreement?
- Will this puppy be housed in your home?
- Do you have children under the age of 4, or plan to have children in the near future?
- Will this puppy be around children other than your own?
- Have you ever owned a dog before?
- Are there other pets in or around your home? Will your doodle be in contact with them?
- Are you renting at the present time? Does your landlord/rental agreement allow pets?
- Are you familiar with the dog laws in your state, township, or borough?
- Do you have access to provide the puppy with adequate exercise?
- Does your job or lifestyle require you to travel and leave the puppy alone/boarded for a period of time? If Yes, have you considered and sought out care for your puppy during these times?
- Will the puppy be home alone during the day, or any extended period of time?
- Have you arranged for a veterinarian’s care?
In order to view and print the forms, you need to install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader Available Here.
If you answered “no problem” to these questions, you’re ready to adopt a Doodle!
Effective October 1, 2011:
Pin Oak Farm is now requiring all puppies to be spayed or neutered by 7 months of age. After much research and consultation, we’ve decided it is in the dog’s best health interest to be spayed or neutered. The procedure must be performed by the pup’s 7 month birthdate. Once performed, please send us verification from your vet. We will gladly reimburse you $50.00 towards the cost of the procedure.
Failure to spay or neuter your pup by the 7 month date will render our sales agreement null and void.